Recent Posts

torsdag, november 27, 2008

New PC and a happy little doorhanging. :)

Hi my friends. - Yes I know I have been gone forever. My old PC wanted to retire - and my hubby had a new pc for me just around the corner. So here I am, back in business with my new pc. :)
Thanksgiving is celebrated this weekend in US. We don't have thanksgiving here....but never the less, we have loads of things to be thankful for. So: I really, really want to say THANK YOU to all my blogfriends!! I so appreciate your kind komments, e-mails and sweet words. :) :) I know I'm no good at commenting and leaving love on your blogs - yes, I really want to do better....
Anyhow: decided I wanted to give you, my blogreaders a little gift. A tiny, tiny mini-class. :) :)
I made myself a little before-christmas-doorhanging the other day. Had really fun making it. So, here is how I made it:
What You'll need:
Branches to make a circle (i have used birch)
Old bookpages
CraclePaint / acrylic paint
Premade leaves from Prima (or other - whatever you prefer )
red buttons
Gluegun (heat-glue)
Ribbon
heart-ornament (or something else to put in the middle of the doorhanging)

Used alot of old bookpages and cut out leaves on freehand. (they are between 1" and 2" (inch) in size)

Painted all my cut-out leaves with cracle-paint. (acrylic paint is fine too)

While all my leaves dried I went outside collecting some branches. I have used birch, but you can use whatever is easy to bend into a circle. :)

Tied all the branches together using metal-wire, and made them into a circle. :)

Collected all the stash I wanted to put on my dorhanging.
I have used:
- my own handcut leaves
- leaves from Prima
- red buttons
I glued everything in place using my glugun. First the leaves, then the red buttons.


I had a little heart-ornament and a lovely ribbon from india and tied it on the top of my doorhanging.


And here it is, ready to cheer up your front door, or a window. :)
Enjoy!
And if you make a doorhanging inspiered by my miniclass, please link me up, so I can go see it! :)
Have a great day.
HUGS

9 kommentarer:

Evy-Kristin sa...

Så godt å se litt "livstegn" ;o)
For en flott idé til dørkrans! Takk for at du deler inspirasjon og "oppskrift" med oss!
*klæmma*

Kathrine sa...

Å så flott dørkrans! Skikkelig lekker!

Berit sa...

Så super krans!!
Og utrolig hva man kan med avispapir!!
Legger det veldig på minnet!!

KLEM

Miaa sa...

Vilken underbar krans!! Kanske jag skulle ge mej på att prova göra två minisar... till ett gamalt fönster jag har på väggen i köket.
MVH Miaa

Anonym sa...

OMGOSH!!! this is so pretty!! love it!!!

Anonym sa...

my fabulous friend Gudrun...

wow.

That wreath is FANTASTIC.
You are so creative.
I got to go and make one now....

PS Congrats on your new pc.....

Anonym sa...

Så nydelig denne var :)
Tusen takk for at du deler oppskrift!

Gigi sa...

gudrun i LOVE this little wreath!!! so gorgeous!!

Anonym sa...

Woаh! I'm really enjoying the template/theme of this website. It's simple, yet effective.
A lοt of timеѕ it's very hard to get that "perfect balance" between superb usability and appearance. I must say that you'νe dοne а
аwesome jοb with thiѕ. Adԁіtionally, the blog
lοaԁs еxtremely quіcκ fοr me
οn Fiгеfox. Eхceptіonаl
Blog!

Stop by my ωeb-sіtе; best epilator reviews